...hurry up and wait again. ;-)
Things were delayed - once again - because we received one more edit suggestion from Hong Kong, which meant an addition to the home study, and starting the certification letter request again. Now, HK seems to be happy with the final version, and we're hopefully moving forward, as of tomorrow. Hopefully, the 3 -4 weeks to get our certified copy will fly by (and maybe not take the full 3-4 weeks? Hey, a girl can hope, right?), and our dossier will still be off to HK by mid-May. Fingers crossed.
This edit involved our "child care plan." I have to admit, it was a bit awkward writing out a child care plan. I'm a stay-at-home mom. We'd already discussed within the home study report that we had reliable babysitters who would be available to help, as needed, and a very supportive family and friends network. But, since we homeschool our children, Hong Kong asked for a little bit more detail as to how I was going to be able to care for four children, one with special needs, and homeschool at the same time.
We knew, going into this process, that if there was one thing that could be a stumbling block for us, it would be our choice to homeschool. It's a huge cultural difference between our lives here and where Peter is right now. Homeschooling, we were warned, is not really understood or encouraged in Hong Kong. We were prepared for this speed bump, and had already put a support system into place before even beginning the home visits, and Hong Kong just wanted a little bit more detail about that support system.
So while I'm slightly frustrated that we hit a bit of a delay again.....I'm not discouraged at all by the delay. Things are still on track for Peter to come home, and that is all that matters.
Thank you to all who have been following our online auction. Today's item has caused a bit of a bidding war, so those of you who see this post before midnight my time (PST), go and check it out! Get in on the fun! ;-)
This morning, I was interviewed for our local diocesan paper. They're doing a story on adoptions, specifically special needs (Yes, I gave a shout-out to Reece's Rainbow!). The reporter was quite kind and positive, and I'm looking forward to seeing the finished piece. Our friends Charles and Eli, who are working to bring Malcolm home, are also being interviewed for the article. Hopefully, it will give the children on RR a chance for increased awareness. I'll be sure to link to it here once it is up.
Overall, this is a post about more waiting. My patience is growing, with each day that I spend praying for our little boy, and wishing to have him home. The waiting is a challenge, but a challenge that we will overcome.